The Woman Who refused to die,Alison Botcha

Alison Botha was kidnapped near her house in South Africa on December 18, 1994. She had been raped, stabbed, and disemboweled at the end of the night, yet she was still alive.

Alison Botha drove back to her flat in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, after a typical night out with her friends. A man with a knife forced his way inside as soon as the 27-year-old parked her car.

Botha was told to transfer to a different seat by the attacker, trapping her in her own vehicle. After that, he drove her car to pick up a partner in the crime. And it was evident to her from that point that the two men had evil plans for her.

Botha was kidnapped and taken to a secluded place on the outskirts of town by Frans du Toit and Theuns Kruger. They raped her, disemboweled her, and sliced her throat so badly that she was almost decapitated there. Finally, they abandoned her to die.

Botha, on the other hand, was still alive. She subsequently explained, “I felt my life was too valuable to let go of.” “And it was because of that that I was able to survive.”

I present to you the story of Alison Botha, the woman who refused to die.

The Kidnap Of Alison Botha

Alison Botha was born in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, on September 22, 1967. Botha spent the majority of her youth living with her mother and brother after her parents divorced when she was ten years old.

Botha lived a rather ordinary life in her early years. She was the top girl at Port Elizabeth’s The Collegiate High School for Girls. She traveled for a few years after finishing her degree. Botha obtained a job as an insurance broker after she came home, which she enjoyed.

At first, the night of her attack appeared to be an ordinary one. On December 18, 1994, Botha invited her friends over to her apartment for pizza and games after spending time at the beach with them. Botha took her last pal home after the rest of the group had left. Botha then returned to her apartment.

But she wasn’t going to make it inside.

Botha leaned into the passenger seat after parking her car to get her bag of clean laundry to take inside. However, she was awoken by a burst of warm air. The driver’s door had been opened by a man wielding a knife.

He said, “Move over or I’ll kill you.”

Botha, terrified, did what she was commanded to. The man took control of the vehicle and drove away quickly. “I don’t want to hurt you,” the man, who gave his name as Clinton, stated. “I’d like to borrow your car for an hour.”

Clinton, whose real name was Frans du Toit, then went to pick up his friend Theuns Kruger in another part of Port Elizabeth.

The men then drove Alison Botha to a remote location outside of town. Botha was frozen, and she felt something bad was about to happen to her.

Alison Botha was told by Frans du Toit and Theuns Kruger that they were going to have sex with her. They inquired if she was willing to fight them. Botha said no, clearly trapped and afraid for her life.

Both guys raped her, and both had a history of violence towards women. They were soon on a mission to assassinate her as well. They attempted to suffocate her at first. Botha clung to live despite her loss of consciousness.

Du Toit and Kruger were enraged and escalated their brutality. They stabbed Botha in the abdomen at least 30 times. Botha then said that du Toit wanted to mutilate her reproductive organs for a specific reason. However, the assailants apparently missed those exact regions of her body.

Du Toit and Kruger thought the work wasn’t finished when Botha’s leg twitched. They slit her throat 16 times after that.

“All I could see was an arm moving above my face,” Alison Botha later recalled. “Left and right and left and right. His movements were making a sound. A wet sound, it was the sound of my flesh being slashed open. He was cutting my throat with the knife. Again and again and again.”

Botha’s mind was trying to make sense of what was going on. “It felt surreal at first, but it wasn’t,” she explained. “I didn’t feel any discomfort, but it wasn’t a dream.” This was going on. My throat was being slashed by the man.”

Botha overheard the men enjoying their work and talking Afrikaans when they eventually took a step back. One of the attackers inquired, “Do you think she’s dead?” The other responded, “No one can survive that.”

Du Toit and Kruger drove away, apparently pleased that they had killed her. But they had no idea that Botha was still alive.

“I had to at least leave a hint about who did this to me,” Botha realized as he lay alone on sand and broken glass. She made the decision to scribble the names of her assailants in the mud. Then she wrote beneath it, “I adore Mom.”

Botha soon understood, however, that she could have a chance of surviving. She could see headlights racing across the bushes in the distance. Someone might be able to assist her if she could just get on the road.

The Man Who Rescued Botcha

Alison Botha noticed the full extent of her injuries when she went toward the headlights. Her head began to slip backward as she pulled herself up, indicating that she had been nearly decapitated.

In the meantime, she felt something sticky protruding from her abdomen – it was her intestines. She had to use one hand to keep her innards from spilling out while holding on to her own head with the other.

“As I struggled onward, my vision went in and out, and I fell many times but managed to climb back up until I finally reached the road,” Botha recalled.

She collapsed along the white line there. Even in her daze, she knew this was the finest spot to catch the notice of a passing driver.

Botha didn’t have to wait long, thankfully. Tiaan Eilerd, a young veterinary student visiting Port Elizabeth on holiday from Johannesburg, observed Botha laying in the middle of the road and pulled over.

“God put me on that road for a reason that night,” Eilerd subsequently explained.

Alison Botha with Tiaan Eilerd,

Botha’s exposed thyroid was tucked back into her body thanks to his veterinary training. Eilerd then requested assistance from emergency services.

Alison Botha was transported to the hospital, where her severe wounds astounded specialists. Alexander Angelov, a doctor, later remarked that in his 16 years of practice, he’d never seen such terrible injuries.

Botha was on the verge of passing away. But she made it out alive — and she recalled everything about her assailants. While she was still in the hospital, she was able to recognize them via police photos. As a result, the “Ripper Rapists,” as they were dubbed in the press, were apprehended quickly.

The “Noordhoek Ripper Trial” that followed drew the attention of South Africans all throughout the country. Kidnapping, rape, and attempted murder were among the eight crimes du Toit and Kruger pleaded guilty to. In August 1995, they were both found guilty and sentenced to life in prison.

Despite the fact that the worst was over, Alison Botha was left with physical and emotional scars from the event.

16 thoughts on “The Woman Who refused to die,Alison Botcha

• June 12, 2022 at 8:20 am

This is now typical of how degenerate South Africa has become. I was born and raised there. I would never go back and discourage anyone from visiting it too.

• June 13, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Honestly I am really “Happy” they were NOT Black!

• June 16, 2022 at 5:24 am

This happened in 1967.

• June 16, 2022 at 7:33 am

No. She was born in 1967. she was abducted On December 18, 1994

• June 16, 2022 at 2:47 pm

What a story. My two friends were murdered in port Elizabeth a few years ago. Ken Alexander and his partner Elaine. Dragged out of their home and stabbed to death. Ken was from Swansea, Wales. Such a strong woman.

• June 17, 2022 at 9:43 am

That’s such a critical comment and I bet in the time you were raised here, you did nothing to make it a better place to live in. In fact to be so critical, you’ve got baggage of your own.

• June 20, 2022 at 2:50 pm

And we are very happy that you have left the country. Please don’t come back, not even for a visit.

• June 20, 2022 at 4:44 am

Reading this story infuriating as it is, no one has the right to do to her as they did. Apparently they don’t have the death sentence over there. But, if they do that’s where they need to be, on death row. I just can’t imagine what pain and agony she went through and the emotional toll that she must still live with. God bless her.

• June 21, 2022 at 7:02 pm

These were evil bad men to put it mildly.
    I used not believe in Capitol punishment but recently I have changed my mind, not because these two crack heads but there are cases that defy explained but where evil was the intended final product. The proof undeniable. I don’t believe that they should be wasted, I think they should be made to offer their organs and body parts to save lives. The punishment should be so well thought out that guys like these two would freeze to death at the very thought of it, instead of living in free accommodation for the rest of their days.

• June 24, 2022 at 5:19 pm

Wow…what an amazing woman to have survived this ..
    Hopefully those bastards never get parole.!!

But but ..GOD PUT ME THERE FOR A REASON….
    really….the ever knowing let all types of destruction happen to her…then put her back on the road for a vet to find her ..

Instead of giving god credit.. she’s the one that had the will to survive. She should give herself all the glory for making it through that torment. She endured the evil…only to thank god.

Nah.. you’re the hero in this story..no one else..not god..but Alison Botha.

• July 1, 2022 at 7:32 am

I agree with you that she is an amazing woman. and hope her attackers never see the light of day again!

I am also disturbed by all the evil in the world that we see today, but He has given us free will – the right to choose what we do with our lives. Some choose wisely. Some choose badly. Some choose to be flat out EVIL so it seems hypocritical to blame God when bad things happen when this world is in such a rush to completely divorce itself from Him.

We are, in fact, blessed that He has not responded in kind, and in this case I think it is a mistake to not give God some credit. Her survival is, in every way, a miracle! Not just her indominable will to survive, but that despite her horrific injuries, none actually killed her. I can hardly fathom how one could almost be decapitated without either of the major blood vessels being severed. That is miraculous.

Likewise to be stabbed so many times and have no other major arteries or veins punctured. It is beyond luck. And that the one driving down the road just happened to have medical training of any sort. What are the odds? To have so many different variables of such extreme importance all within such a small margin for error seems impossible for coincidence. But that God would have a hand in preserving her life, takes nothing away from her own will to survive and act. I think you could not have one without the other.

• July 2, 2022 at 12:25 am

It’s something that some people will blame God for evil acts but won’t believe that there is a devil who uses those who allow themselves to be controlled by him to commit such acts as this story outlines. I have no problem believing that because of the mercies of God that Alison survived. She also had the will to survive. It is amazing that she is here today. God is good.

• June 27, 2022 at 6:28 pm

This is a very sad story. Thankful she survived. Those evil bs. Deserved the death penalty. I wish all the happiness in life for Alison’s future. South Africa is still a beautiful country with beautiful people.

• June 27, 2022 at 8:16 pm

This is yet another testament to how truly AWESOME our GOD really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He spared her life and used her to inform thousands and maybe millions of people to always be on guard!
    God is good ALL THE TIME and all the time, GOD IS GOOD!!!

• June 30, 2022 at 2:13 am

You could certainly see your skills in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

• July 13, 2022 at 2:37 am

You completed several fine points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found a good number of persons will consent with your blog.