Rapist targeted and drugged straight men

Luiz Da Silva Neto, 36, was found guilty of drugging two men – possibly with GHB or GBL – and sexually assaulting them at a home in Oxfordshire in November and December last year

A dangerous rapist who assaulted two men could have more victims, police fear after he was convicted yesterday.

Luiz Da Silva Neto, 36, was found guilty at Oxford Crown Court of drugging and sexually assaulting two men in November and December last year.

His first victim lost consciousness after having a few drinks at a house and woke up to find Da Silva Neto sexually assaulting him, the prosecutor said.

A month later, a second man who had been enjoying a night out with colleagues at a bar in Chelsea, London, encountered Da Silva Neto while trying to arrange a taxi.

He suffered memory loss and woke up the next day in a bed at a stranger’s house in Oxfordshire – the same location as to where Da Silva Neto’s first assault took place.

Da Silva Neto was found guilty at Oxford Crown Court of drugging and sexually assaulting two men

Thames Valley Police now believe Da Silva Neto could have committed other offences, and urged anyone with information to step forward.

Investigating officer, Detective Inspector James Holden-White, described him as a “sexual predator” and a “very dangerous man”.

He said: “Da Silva Neto deliberately targeted heterosexual men whom he believed would be especially unlikely to report the offences to police, but he was wrong.

“I would like to praise the victims for their bravery throughout the ordeal they have suffered and thank them for overcoming the anguish and embarrassment they have been caused to take an extremely dangerous man off the streets and protect others from the risk he presents. Society is certainly a much safer place with Da Silva Neto behind bars.

“We are keeping an open mind as to the possibility that Da Silva Neto has committed other offences. Therefore, if you have any information please contact the police or one of our partners using the reference ‘Op Jion’.

“We have dedicated officers who are specialised in investigating sexual offences. We will listen, investigate appropriately and help victims to access any support services tailored to their needs.

“Please be reassured that the identity of any victims will be protected.”

A police handout photo of Da Silva Neto during his arrest

Da Silva Neto, now of South London, was convicted of two counts of administering a substance with intent, two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, and one count of rape.

He drugged the men with a substance that may have been GHB or GBL, the court heard.

A spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said: “When interviewed, Da Silva Neto accepted that he had engaged in sexual activity with both men. However, he claimed it was fully consensual in both cases and denied drugging either of his victims.

“The prosecution case was that Da Silva Neto had spiked the drinks of both his victims with an unknown stupefying drug – possibly GHB or GBL – and had then sexually assaulted them, knowing they were in no position to consent.

Da Silva Neto admitted nine counts of drug possession at an earlier appearance in the same court

“The accounts given by the victims in court, alongside evidence of drugs and expert evidence about the effects of the drugs presented by the prosecution, secured guilty verdicts from the jury on five charges at court today.”

Da Silva Neto had admitted nine counts of drug possession at an earlier appearance in the same court and is due to be sentenced on July 7.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.